1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Don't suffer with a Captivate that doesn't work the way you think it should

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by contradictions, Feb 7, 2011.

1. contradictions

I bought my captivate on launch day, filled with all sorts of excitement for a good Android phone on AT&T. It was good for a while, until I got hit with the GPS bug, and then the lag. My GPS started working much better after one of the updates, but the lag was a problem that just kept getting worse. I missed calls because the phone wouldn't respond when I tried to slide to answer. It would take 20+ minutes to power on the phone, and generally was just completely unreliable. I tried doing a factory reset, and it just didn't make any difference. My phone was just mostly useless. Finally I had a wifi problem that I just couldn't get working, so I took it to an AT&T repair center. I got a replacement phone, put my apps back on, and I have a working phone again. I can power on the phone and get back up and fully running in about a minute.

Sure, it's not Froyo, and it's not a custom rom. But, if you have a Captivate that doesn't work the way it should. Don't hesitate to do something about it. Even on Android 2.1 this phone should be a very good phone for most of you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oFUNGUSo

oFUNGUSo Member

so i assume your saying you just had a faulty phone and the new one is great?

granted ive only had mine about a week, but i havent had any problem. really liking it. in fact i wouldnt have even started wondering if i could make it faster with customer roms had i not stumbled across info on the interwebs during mostly unrelated search. 2.1 eclair on the cap still kills my previous phone (iphone 3g)

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews