1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Don't use KingRoot, use SuperSU

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fling93, Sep 30, 2016.

1. fling93

fling93 Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Male
    Content Developer, Economics and Statistics
    Austin, TX
    KingRoot did root my LG Tribute (LS 660), but it also installed bloatware, an ad-serving and battery-draining charge screen. This adware gave absolutely no indication of a link to KingRoot, and I uninstalled numerous other apps before the attempted uninstall of KingRoot gave me definitive proof. The ad-serving charging screen came back, this time admitting the link to KingRoot. It also claimed it would let you disable it, but I had had enough by that point and it was a script from a zip file that installed SuperSU that vanquished KingRoot after a bit of a software tussle.

The opened up memory space has been paying smooth dividends ever since, and the programs battling somehow felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Robert Patrick (who, by the way, I thought did an admirable job in "The X-Files" even as the show was crumbling around him), but that red light from the mechanical eyeball of KingRoot has finally been extinguished, and now I have a rooted phone. SuperSU from the start would've been much smoother.

Advertisement

christistephens77 likes this.
  2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    So were you able to get rid of it? It's quite easy to do.

3. jerrspud

jerrspud Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2012