1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Dotted pixel pattern inside the screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jongil choi, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jongil choi

Jongil choi Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys,

purchased a s7 edge at a local t mobile store on 3/11 when the BOGO deal started and I was surprised to find something I can only describe as a dotted pattern inside the screen. At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the screen/glass technology, but the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. I can only see it on bright backgrounds, for example while surfing or at the standard, green/blue background. It looks like two really( like number 11 shaped), really small dots running diagonally up to the right. These two dots are all over the screen and it looks like they're almost forming a pattern. I literally have them everywhere, but make no mistake, this isn't scratches or just some random defect with the screen. It looks like they're meant to be there. I can only see these dots if I look put the phone up really close to my eyes and if I actually look for them. I've asked two others of my friends and both of them could see them easily after looking for a couple of seconds. Now, daily, this isn't an issue, but I was considering picking up the Gear VR for the S7and I cannot imagine it WON'T pose a problem once you get up close with the lenses the Gear VR provides.

Anyway, question time: Are there anyone out there that has noticed the same thing? Or are your S7Edge display flawless and free from a 2-dot pattern? :/ should I call for an exchange as its been for only 4 days. They have 14 days return policy. PLEASE Advise me. THANKS

Advertisement

2. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    Mine is flawless, no dots anywhere at any brightness, sounds like a defect with your screen i'm afraid.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    It sounds very much like something that shouldn't be there. New Samsung AMOLED are usually flawless. I suggest returning it for replacement. If there was a screen problem affecting a lot or all S7, would probably have already heard about it by now.

KOLIO and bIOforger like this.
  4. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Does it show up if you take a screenshot of the issue? I'd like to see it

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.