1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Double apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Keepmeupdated, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Keepmeupdated

Keepmeupdated Lurker

When I look in my systems apps I see some apps are doubled. What could be the reasons. How do i know which is the needed one?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

From what I see there are no doubles, only some that have similar or the same names.

That does not mean that they are the same, or do the same thing- only that they are related to that system with the other similar sounding apps.

Those are system apps, and most likely cannot be eliminated anyway.

The only time that you would see actual copies of apps would be if you have activated a work profile, and in that case necessary apps will be replicated.

This allows for two separate profiles to exist and function independent of each other on a single device.

If you have not activated a work profile, then you are not seeing doubles of apps.

mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  3. Keepmeupdated

Keepmeupdated Lurker

How would i know if a work profile is on here?can having 2 emails on one phone cause this?

MrJavi likes this.
  4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Is the device new?
    If so, you would need to activate the work profile yourself in order for it to be active.

A quick way to see is to look in your apps list and see if key apps are repeated- Google, Chrome, Play Store- that sort of thing.

If those apps are singular, you most likely don't have a work profile activated.

Another way to see is to pull down your quick settings menu, enter the edit mode, and look to see if the work profile quick setting icon is available.
    It is a toolbox, or like an old time lunch box.

LG Stylo 5 Forum

The LG Stylo 5 release date was June 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

June 2019
Release Date
Reviews