1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Double docks: Launcher Pro + problem? See Screenshot

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by justjerry, Feb 6, 2011.

1. justjerry

justjerry Well-Known Member

I've been using Launcher Pro Plus and today I went into the appearance settings and changed the dock background and instead of doing just that, it stacked the new dock with the old dock -see my screenshot below:

[​IMG]

Also, you can't see it here, but if I switch to a transparent dock you can see more app icons behind the dock. I went into preferences again and made sure I set the number of columns and rows correctly - but I'm still getting these issues.

Anyone know how to fix this?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sic0048

sic0048 Android Enthusiast

Your new dock includes the icons embedded in the actual picture. In order to use them, you need to change your icons to the transparent icons. That way they don't actually appear on the screen, but they still work when you press on the screen where they are located. You'll also need to change the function of the buttons since they don't match up with the dock bar images. For example, in the first button area the dock bar shows the contact image, but your current settings has that spot being the phone button.

Basically, you have the dock bar with the embedded images PLUS the normal icons for the buttons. You need to choose which ones you want - either the dock bar with embedded buttons (changing to transparent icons), or the normal icons with a dock bar that doesn't have the button images embedded in it.

justjerry likes this.
  3. justjerry

Ahh! That makes sense. But I swear when I was changing docks the other day I didn't have this issue. Oh well. Thank you! :)

4. justjerry

Ok but I can't find anyway to change my dock icons to transparent. When I long tap on them I have the options to change shortcut, change icon (which only changes the image not the transparency) and Swipe gesture action.

I've been digging through Launcher Pro Plus' settings and cannot find a transparency setting for the dock icons. Do you know where I may find this??:thinking:

Thanks!
    Jerry

5. change the image to a transparent png

6. justjerry

Ok. But where can I find one or how do I make one?

7. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

justjerry likes this.
  8. justjerry

I found an easier way: longpress>change shortcut>blank
    It was right in front of me.

9. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

problem is if I understand it correctly...if your just 'blanking' the dock shortcuts...then you will have nothing there...including NO shortcuts...transparent or not...there will be no function at all there...just a nice looking sense dock (if thats what your using from you screenshot)

justjerry likes this.
  10. justjerry

DOH!! You're completely right!! I need to change the icon to the transparent one I downloaded and then, if needed, change the shortcut, etc of the transparent icon.

Whoops - glad you caught that!! :eek::eek:

11. deanshep85

why dont you just find a 'sense' dock that DOESNT have embedded icons in it? theres plenty of launcher pro docks in the design of sense that are blank....different colours and different textures too....that would be easier than trying to play with transparent icons then wouldnt it?

12. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

I have those also but it's really hard to fit them into the smaller end squares

13. justjerry

I was using the dock as shown in my screenshot just as an example. There's a version of that doc (semi-circle) with blank spots but the problem is fitting the icons into the smaller spots on the end. As far as I know you'd have to make or download custom icons to fit because otherwise it will just paste the default icon in the slot without resizing it.

There's got to be an easier way to do this.

14. justjerry

That doesn't make sense to me- yes there are blank docks with no icons, but the only one's usable are the ones that will fit the horizontal bar. If I choose a curved blank doc I'd have to download resized icons to fit in the design space - especially at the end spots. Isn't there an easier way to do this?

15. deanshep85

ok you totally confused me then quoting the same post of mine twice making one post that made sense and the other not...

basically if I get this straight...you want to use the 'Sense' dock with launcher pro and you would like icons to fit inside it?

unfortunately there ISNT an easier way than either creating (or downloading) transparent icons ( .png files) and placing them there OVER the dock (if the dock has icons like your screenshot) or searching around or creating your OWN icons that will fit inside....so no...there isnt a easy snap your fingers way unfortunately...all of us who have custom docks have either spent time on them creating them or someone else has for us lol

justjerry likes this.
  16. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Please guys help a rookie:
    I have been looking for a nice launcher and read several posts online and everyone seems to be talking about launcher pro, so I decided to buy one on the market. I decided to buy a launcher pro plus hoping that this will even be much better than launcher pro. But I think it is either that I do not know how to use this app or set it up wrongly or what I bought is totally different from the app everyone is talking about. First of all, I do not see what everyone is talking about in term of functions, style and how to even use the app. After downloading the app, all I got is an Agenda Widget with AAW icon and whenever I click on it, it takes me to “Thank you for installing Android Agenda Widget version 1.5.7” and on this page I have changed the setting to my best ability but I still do not know how to use or operate this app to my satisfaction, I added the widget to my home page but the message I got is that “sorry, either you haven’t selected a calendar or there are no events! Click to open the setting…and whenever I clicked on this, it takes me back to the setting page…I have been unable to use this app which I paid $3 for, please any help on getting this app up and running. Is it supposed to run with the stock calendar or differently? I thought this will be a 3rd party app that will allow me to use the task and the calendar differently from the stock one and also able to do more. Please if you can give me a step by step on how to set this up and do more, I will really appreciate it.
    Thanks and God bless

17. justjerry

Sorry for the two replies I didn't mean to confuse you. Thank you for clearing this up for me. What you explained it what I thought I'd have to do.

Thanks!!!
    Jerry

18. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Android Enthusiast

I always wondered what those dock backgrounds with icons were for...now I know.

I still think its dumb...I have 3 docks at the bottom...a total of 15 programs that I scroll through...beautiful.