1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Double Notifications On Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Niotic, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Niotic

Niotic Lurker

Hey Guys,

So I've had my Galaxy S4 for over a year now and I love it. Today I decided to factory reset it in order to clear out all the junk that has accumulated over the time that I have had it. Everything went fine except for the fact that I am receiving two notifications on my lock screen now. I get one from NiLS which is the lock screen widget I use and another from the stock touchwiz clock. The clock does not appear, only the notifications appear right over my current widget. I've tried multiple lock screen widgets and nothing has worked. Has anyone else run into this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you to all in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It's a problem with the stock touchwiz messagjng app. It can't turn off the lockscreen notification. You'd have to use a different messaging app.

3. Niotic

Niotic Lurker

That stock messaging app is garbage, I'm using GO SMS Pro. However it's not just text messages that do that. It's any notifications such as email, facebook, internet connection etc.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Oh. Ok. Did you go into NiLs settings? I think you left floating panel on. You have to turn that off if you are using a widget on the lockscreen. Then you also control the settings for the clock to disappear or not on the NiLs widget there.

As for GoSMS, did you pay for it? It started turning bad 3 years ago with all the invasive permissions it suddenly had. Most of us oldies here use EvolveSMS or Textra nowadays.

5. Niotic

Niotic Lurker

Ahhh that did it! I just unchecked "Notification Panel" in the NiLS settings and its gone! Thanks buddy! And which would you recommend instead of GO SMS considering I'm using the free version

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Try Textra, EvolveSMS or Chomp.