• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Double notifications (turned off stock notifications)

Thebeast00777

Oct 13, 2010
i REALLY need help...:mad: i been searching high and low for a answer and cant seem to find it. I have Handcent and Stock on my Evo and i turned off notifications on stock but still get double notifications in the bar and also my handcent ringtone plays then cuts off to the stock ringtone when i get a text... PLEASE HELP ITS SO ANNOYING! Im rooted on unrevoked as well if that solves anything. i also cant update my phone. is being rooted the problem? im thinking about unrooting since i dnt know what i cant do with it besides tether. :thinking:

First, are you absolutely sure you turned off the stock notifications buy going into the messaging app, hitting menu, then turning off notifications?

i also cant update my phone. is being rooted the problem?

What exactly cant you update? apps? firmware? prl?

im thinking about unrooting since i dnt know what i cant do with it besides tether.

If you dont know what you can do with rooting, then why did you do it?

Upvote 0
First, are you absolutely sure you turned off the stock notifications buy going into the messaging app, hitting menu, then turning off notifications?
I'm positive i double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked

What exactly cant you update? apps? firmware? prl?

If you dont know what you can do with rooting, then why did you do it?

I'm positive i double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked

I believe it was firmware. it pops up randomly on my phone. i will let uknow when it shows up again

I rooted cuz i heard it opens up ur phone to stuff u cant do when not rooted. Main reason was wireless tether which at the moment i dnt need but i know it will come in handy on trips or something. I looked for stuff to do rooted but i dnt thnk i understand the lingo well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones