1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root double text messages.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unnamedny, Aug 16, 2011.

1. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    hello, I have a very weird issue with my phone. Whatever text messages i receive, i receive them twice a day. To make story shirt after I receive one in a few hours I get the same exact message. I called metro and they told me that they reset my phone, but problem did not go away.

My phone is rooted 2.2 I'm running a Zero rom. My girlfriend has exactly the same set up on her phone, but hers works just fine.

P. S. I tried wiping all data and cache and nandroid back. It did not work either. Does anyone think that installing a fresh copy of rom might fix the problem? I personally think the problem is on the metro's end.

thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    I have had this issue since I bought my first metro phone back in 2008 http://imageonecellular.com/store/product.php?productid=49&cat=10&page=1 not as severe as you though to where it happens with every sms but I have since learned to deal with it as metro's only troubleshoot consist of resetting your network. You could try reflashing but I highly doubt that it has anything to do with the root itself. Are you using a different messaging app other than stock? if so have you disabled stock messaging notifications? just a thought.

anyways good luck.

3. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

Yeah its just a side effect I guess. Ive dealt with it since day, its not everytime but it does happen. disabling the stock app didnt seem to help at all, itsa minor botheration.

4. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    I just re flashed my rom. It seems that the problem is gone. I don't know what was causing it, maybe some apps conflicts but it seems that sms works well now. Thanks for your input guys.

Tags: