1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

doubletwist desktop program Windows

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Tal, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Tal

Tal Member
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    In the next few weeks or so I'm going to be getting the Samsung Galaxy S2.

I currently have an iPhone and most of the music I have on my iPhone is in m4a Apple Lossless format and as such can make it difficult.

Someone mentioned to me about a program for the PC called doubletwist, so I've downloaded to have a look at it and I am impressed with it.

Now when I loaded up doubletwist and went into the Edit menu/Preferences, then clicked on the library tab and choose the folder that current my iTunes music for my iPhone is stored.

After this, all the music from this folder appeared in doubletwist.

Now some of the music plays and some does not from within doubletwist. The music that plays OK is in MP3 format and the music that does not play is in m4a format Apple Lossless encoder. All of the music I have in the location where iTunes stores it was either off of CD or from MP3 tracks that I have saved on my folder, I can confirm that none of the music has DRM on it.

Am I write in assuming that once I connect my Samsung Galaxy S2 up, all the music will be added to it, and in the process of adding them, doubletwist will convert all the m4a files to MP3?

If this is the case, could you tell me what bitrate doubletwist uses when converting the m4a to MP3?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. Tal

Tal Member
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Also I was wondering if it's possible to use desktop version of doubletwist, without
    the need to use the doubletwist app?

Carrying on from the last question. Can the tracks can be added with the desktop version of doubletwist and then played back with the Galaxy S2 native music player?

3. Tal

Tal Member
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    I suppose I could convert all the m4a files to MP3 with the below m4a to MP3 converter that I have just found, and then all the tracks would be MP3 and would play from within doubletwist and would then be added onto the S2, without the need for doubletwist to convert the m4a files to MP3 (which I'm assuming it does prior to it syncing them to the S2.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-M4a-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-187723.html