• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doubletwist For HTC EVO

Does anyone have experience moving tv or movie content from iTunes into doubletwist and then synching up and EVO to doubletwist so that you can view this content?

One thing holding me back from purchasing the EVO is the difficulty in seamlessly getting multimedia content over to the phone....and the lack of options to rent movies online from Netflix or Blockbuster.

I use DoubleTwist and although it was a pain to get all set up on it because I had so much DRM music, I'm rolling along just fine now.

What I did:

1. Download a program to remove DRM. I used iSkySoft, but there are cheaper ones.
2. Use the program.
3. Now the fun part: go into iTunes and click "show duplicates" in the file menu. It will bring up your DRM songs and their now DRM-free versions. Remove all the DRM ones. This takes awhile if you have a lot of tunes purchased before mid-2009 when Apple had to stop that. Show the "modified date" on the columns to make sure you delete the right one!
4. And now even WORSE: rebuild all your playlists. Deleting the DRM file does not automatically replace it in playlists with the non-DRM file of the same name. Suuuucks.
5. Run DoubleTwist and sync.
6. PLAY.

I had hundreds of iTunes with DRM and it was a mess to do this, but it had to be done to get them to work on any non-iThing, so I just sucked it up and spent a few hours and now I'm good to go with DoubleTwist, iSyncr, or many other programs and devices.

It WORKS. It takes one big time committment at first, but it works. You'll have to do this no matter what non-iThing device you get.

Since most stuff on iTunes now is DRM free (so far as I know) I don't have to worry about my new music downloads.

Reactions: uwgraduate
Upvote 0
Have you pulled any media content into doubletwist and played it on your EVO? I am looking to ditch my iPhone but don't want to give up the ability to take a movie or tv show onto the device for viewing on the road.

I hope doubletwist or some other player will become a robust marketplace to mimic what Apple currently does with iTunes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones