• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DoubleTwist/iTunes tracks: Volume

Is it just me or are iTunes tracks that DoubleTwist copies to the Droid just not as loud?

I don't really have a fool-proof comparison technique, but it seems that songs I download to the Droid off of Amazon-MP3 and other sites, or rip from CD are slightly louder.

I ditched my iPhone in favor of the Droid and couldn't be happier. DoubleTwist will complete the transition if I could just get this volume problem taken care of.

Thanks

Yeah, so I have a version of London Calling by the clash that I purchased a while back via iTunes, a non-DRM track.

I made a copy with a slightly different name and placed it on my hd in another folder.

I synced the original iTunes Clash tune to my droid and then drag and dropped the copy track via Windows Explorer to the same phone.

Therefore I had two London Calling tracks side by side on my droid.

Disconnected and hooked up my Sony headphones to listen and yes I noticed a slight difference, maybe 1 db at most*

Though yes there was a difference, it was slight and I never would have a noticed without seeing this thread and having my interest piqued enough to run a side by side test. Certainly not enough to drive me away from dT as somehow an inferior product.

*I spent 15 years as a recording studio audio engineer and 12 years on the road doing FOH mixing so my ears are pretty sensitive and well trained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones