1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

DoubleTwist update = Virus?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SuperAkuma, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    I've been a long time supporter of double twist and I love it. I even bought the wireless sync add-on. On June 10, 2011, there was an update so I updated the program on my computer. When I tried to install it, AVG popped up and said that the new doubletwist was a virus.

I searched doubletwist's website support and a few people also had this problem as well. The thing that bugs me is that the developer is not even coming forward about it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Probably a false positive. Having said that, I am all for calling DoubleTwist a virus because of the frequent spam on my phone saying "an update is available" with no way to disable it. Uninstalled it and haven't looked back.

3. Giffer

Giffer Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    IT Analyst (ECM)
    Midwest
    I just had the same problem with DT update being flagged as virus on my PC. I did a little searching and this seems to have been a problem for several months now. On the DoubleTwist forum there are at least 14 complaints about the issue and not a single response from the developer. At this point I am removing DT from my phone. AVG has already removed it from my PC. While this may be a false positive by AVG, the fact that the developers on the DoubleTwist forum refuse to answer questions about it, gives me an uneasy feeling. :thinking: