• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doubs on getting the droid

Kai13

Feb 4, 2010
Portugal
How's its battery life?
Is it worth it?
How's the keyboard?
Do you confirm the complaints about the camera?
What do you like the most in it?
How's the screen?

I want the phone to:
-Ankidroid (mostly for this)
-Email, foruns
-games (once in a while)
-chinese and japanese dictionary
-don't know if there are any other cool offline apps out there
-I don't want the phone to be "online" all the time, I want it mostly for offline apps since I don't want to spend much money with the internet
I though about buying the following:

I want an android with a keyboard, it does not need to be this one. I just one one that is updatable to version 2.0 and above.

LG GW620 (only updatable to 1.6)
Motorola Dext (is it updatable? If it is I might buy this one instead)

What other phones are updatable and have a physical keyboard?

What do you say?

Please help me, If I'm buying this one, it'll be tomorrow, because the store is only located in a city far from mine.

you are going to pay the same regardless of how much time you spend online so it may as well be connected forever.
an clue what ankidroid is.
email works great with GMail and several others out there
go to androlib, check out all the apps, have what you want/need and more?
the keyboard I really done ever use but then again, I'm all about the touchscreen. the autocorrect is amazingly good on this.

Screen - amazing
Camera - eh, not so well in low light but great for in light pics
what do I like most, its amazingly fast and the options seem to never end. from OC'ing the device to the cooked ROMs, more apps than I could ever use but I'm ok to install them without fear of slowing the phone to a crawl.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones