• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DOUBTS ABOUT YOUTUBE APP

Also with the account logged in ?
Logged-in or not makes no difference to what "uninstall updates" does.
Of course it will close the app when it deletes the newer version, and it's possible that doing that will log you out. But that's all. I honestly don't see how it would make any real difference whether you were logged in or not.

Upvote 0
But is there a way to confirm the elimination of the friends list ?
That's a different question, nothing to do with uninstalling updates to the app.

I don't know because I never used it and have no idea how it worked. But if it cannot be accessed using a web browser and even the older app versions don't show it then as far as you are concerned it is gone. Whether Google simply deleted the data or whether they keep the information about who had messaged who in their ad-targetting database ("X is interested in vintage postcards and Y messaged X on YouTube so let's send ads for vintage postcards to Y") I can't say. But if it's not available through YouTube then even if Google kept a copy somewhere else you won't be able to use it.

Best I can suggest is you go completely through your Google account data and see if there is anything in your history there. If there isn't (and I doubt there will be) then just give up on it.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones