1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

downfalls to rooting evo4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by semperfi516, Feb 6, 2011.

1. semperfi516

semperfi516 Lurker

i wanna learn about rooting but before i look into it i have questions.what are the downfalls and can i undo it.or once rooted it is permanent

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

Take a look at this thread it is created for the people who arn't familiar with rooting and can help a lot.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies-extras.html

I would suggest reading everything to make sure you have a good understanding about rooting. Hope i helped!

3. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

I first rooted my Sprint Hero, then the day after I upgraded to the Evo I rooted that and have never looked back. As far as downfalls.......none come to mind. Rooting is reversible though the only reason I could see to reverse it is for warranty work or replacement. Like Dark said, read the Rooting for Dummies thread.....then......read it again. If you have questions after that, there are a number of members on here that are more than willing to help answer them or point you in the right direction to get the answers.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i think also this this sticky is a good read especially if you are thinking about rooting but not sure about it yet. here it is:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html
    my suggestion is to read and ask as many questions you can to understand it fully, the rooting guide for dummies is a great guide that i used with great success and ease. thanx matlock for that amazing guide. like i said any questions you have please ask. there are a lot of great people here that can help.

5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Both guides linked above are very good reads if you are new to rooting. I will however tell you some of the upsides and downsides. It voids you warranty, but you can undo your root before you go in if you need anything fixed. Another downside is that you can no longer do OTA updates, but on the flip side you can usually get the update before people that are not rooted by flashing a ROM. Finally you have to do all your updates manually but this isn't hard once you learn how and the "Rooting for Dummies" guide is a very good walkthrough and tells you step by step how. Now on to some of the good stuff, which in my opinion outweighs the bad stuff. You get free wifi tethering, you can freeze or remove that junk Sprint and HTC put on your phone, you can customize it in almost any way you want, you can get updates before everyone else, you can overclock and underclock your processor, you can flash a kernel to save battery and boost performance, and a lot more.

So the decision is completely up to you but I recommend you do it. I also recommend that you do it following the "Rooting for Dummies" guide and follow it exactly you don't want to mess anything up.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews