• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downgrade 6.0 to 5.1

Well if you could find a custom ROM based on an older OS version you would be able to. There's some chance it might not be compatible with the newer firmware, but you would make a backup with CWM first anyway (always do that before modifying the ROM), so if there was a problem you could just restore the backup. A ROM based on the HTC software could be fairly close to stock anyway.

CWM won't help if you want to use official software. You need to be S-Off to flash an older RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility - official HTC software package) or downgrade the firmware.

Upvote 0
Try going here and run the app, will it work? Not sure, no harm, no foul in giving it a try.

http://theroot.ninja/
Do i have to root my Smartphone again? Because there stands that my Device isn't rooted. :/
And when it tried to temproot the Device it doesn't work..

My Custom Recovery is still installed..
Yesterday i restet my Device because my Sense Home always crashed.
And which Custom Recovery is the best? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones