• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DOWNGRADE FAIL 3 times!

So did the file I upped work at all?

I'm gonna be limited on the help I can provide here.

Fios got turned off today and probably won't get paid till around the 15th so I paid to get my phone turned back on and I'm tethering Metro's network to my netbook.

Might get better. I'm in the process of figuring out how to use this Backtrack program I found on the web so I can crack my neighbors WEP key and get some broadband wireless access for a while.

Upvote 0
ok guys..i have an update for you!!!! my girlfriend let me try the down grade method i tried 5 times and failed!!BUT,her phone came with 2.2 and i upgraded it before i knew what i was getting into..point being,i successfully downgraded her phone back to 2.2 FIRST TRY! so this issue is DEFINITELY a compatability issue with the downgraded software..like i said,MY PHONE-CAME WITH 2.2.1-FAIL EVERY ATTEMPT/ HER PHONE-CAME WITH 2.2 THEN I UPGRADED TO 2.2.1-SUCCESS FIRST ATTEMPT! SO I GUESS THE TRICK IS NOW TO MAKE A FILE THAT CAN BE USED WITH 2.2.1 STANDARD PHONES.

Upvote 0
So did the file I upped work at all?

I'm gonna be limited on the help I can provide here.

Fios got turned off today and probably won't get paid till around the 15th so I paid to get my phone turned back on and I'm tethering Metro's network to my netbook.

Might get better. I'm in the process of figuring out how to use this Backtrack program I found on the web so I can crack my neighbors WEP key and get some broadband wireless access for a while.

Hey andy thanks for the effort that you are putting in this issue, but the didn`t work at all it gave the same black screen. But hopefully ed uploads the new file that will alow us to root our 2.2.1 phones.

About Backtrack If you need any help just pm me and will help (I have been using lot of times) so I know how to use it very well.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
This is so frustrating...i tried to downgrade 2x with 2 different methods. I follow every single step perfectly. It gets to 100% the screen just stays black. I had to recover which is scary because the 2nd time my phone was not getting recognized :( i really hope someone figures out why it stays on black screen. I can here hello hello hello but thats it.

Upvote 0
This is so frustrating...i tried to downgrade 2x with 2 different methods. I follow every single step perfectly. It gets to 100% the screen just stays black. I had to recover which is scary because the 2nd time my phone was not getting recognized :( i really hope someone figures out why it stays on black screen. I can here hello hello hello but thats it.

It's been said that this seems to only happen with phones that originally came with 2.2.1 installed instead of 2.2.

Your only hope is to update with LG's own Software Updater.

Go here and download the LG Mobile Support Tool. You're not going to be able to go down to 2.2, so use this and stay at 2.2.1.

Mobile Phone Support

Upvote 0
so i did all of the above to the exact t which made my screen go black so i did the bit file as u said and that un jammed the phone only thing is now i have no network! no number or anything, i called the phone company to try and re program it, but no can do! im suppose to go in there tomorrow sometime! can anyone help me like asap?!?!

Upvote 0
so i did all of the above to the exact t which made my screen go black so i did the bit file as u said and that un jammed the phone only thing is now i have no network! no number or anything, i called the phone company to try and re program it, but no can do! im suppose to go in there tomorrow sometime! can anyone help me like asap?!?!

Theres a simple guide to fix that it`s right here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones