• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade from 6.0 to 5.1.1? Boost Mobile LG Stylo

Got my LG Stylo about a week ago and didn't have time to look into the dev community yet so when I got the 6.0 updated I didn't put much thought into accepting it right away. Now however I can't stand the phone with system apps using up so much of my ram and not even being able to use my keyboard if I have Facebook open and want to root it to do some debloating but noticed 6.0 hasn't been rooted yet.

Got my LG Stylo about a week ago and didn't have time to look into the dev community yet so when I got the 6.0 updated I didn't put much thought into accepting it right away. Now however I can't stand the phone with system apps using up so much of my ram and not even being able to use my keyboard if I have Facebook open and want to root it to do some debloating but noticed 6.0 hasn't been rooted yet.

you can't downgrade sorry bud

Upvote 0
Uninstall the FB app and access it through the browser. The FB app takes up so much memory it's ridiculous.
Facebook Lite (not in US Play Store, find on internet)
SlimSocial (a facebook replacement on XDA)

You can still use Greenify to hibernate apps but you have to do it manually. Also disable what you can in Settings > Apps.

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
Facebook Lite (not in US Play Store, find on internet)
SlimSocial (a facebook replacement on XDA)

You can still use Greenify to hibernate apps but you have to do it manually. Also disable what you can in Settings > Apps.

The SlimSocial dev also has SlimTwitter! Looks like he's doing some great work. There's also the Tinfoil fb and twitter apps on Google Play. I did use fb Lite on some phones; now it's quite good as it supports some video playback. Might try it again... though regular FB runs OK on my rooted phone with extra memory available. It's not choking the CPU as it did on my previous phones. Maybe the better GPU on the Stylo's helping a bit here. :)

This is the latest fb lite: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/lite/facebook-lite-1-16-0-155-350-2-android-apk-download/

Upvote 0
The SlimSocial dev also has SlimTwitter! Looks like he's doing some great work. There's also the Tinfoil fb and twitter apps on Google Play. I did use fb Lite on some phones; now it's quite good as it supports some video playback. Might try it again... though regular FB runs OK on my rooted phone with extra memory available. It's not choking the CPU as it did on my previous phones. Maybe the better GPU on the Stylo's helping a bit here. :)

This is the latest fb lite: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/lite/facebook-lite-1-16-0-155-350-2-android-apk-download/

I'm using Tinfoil and it's just a shortcut to the browser/Facebook. There is also a Tinfoil for Twitter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones