1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downgrade to older version of market on GB?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by durak, Dec 27, 2011.

1. durak

durak Member

Hey all, i am running GB CTmod 2.1, and absolutely hate how the new market versions look and how slow it is. I would like to go back to an earlier version of the market(preferably froyo stock). I have another phone with market 2.12, and i found several sites where i can get different older versions, but my question is which one will work and how do i install it? Just go into system/app and remove old and paste new vending.apk or is it more complicated than that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Try what you said first if you already havent, if i doesnt work then us my procedure
    Download an earlier version of the market and transfer it to your SD card, and install it.

If after a while it updates to the current version
    Then download terminal emulator and enter these commands:

su
    pm disable com.android.vending.updater

3. durak

durak Member

Just replacing the .apk doesnt work, market disapears from the system completely. Installing from SD card doesnt work either, says "application not installed"
    any ideas?

4. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Android Expert

Uninstall all updates to the market app. Delete all data for the market app.
    Then, copy the older version to /system/app

5. mvaness

mvaness Android Enthusiast

Kouma, you sure know your stuff... too bad you are banned from IHOP. :)

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews