• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrading Bluetooth Version..

EmM HoLLa

Feb 14, 2011
Hey Guys,
Ever since the update to 2.3 my bluetooth has not been functioning properly with my car. I wanted to know 2 things..

First.. What is the Bluetooth version that is currently running on Gingerbread?..

Second.. Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version of the bluetooth?..

Of course this would have to happen after we have S-Off.. All responses are welcome.. I am not a Dev but I am pretty sure with a little guidance I can probably get something done...

Hey Guys,
Ever since the update to 2.3 my bluetooth has not been functioning properly with my car. I wanted to know 2 things..

First.. What is the Bluetooth version that is currently running on Gingerbread?..

Second.. Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version of the bluetooth?..

Of course this would have to happen after we have S-Off.. All responses are welcome.. I am not a Dev but I am pretty sure with a little guidance I can probably get something done...

well my phone is rooted with sense 3.0 rom on it and according to my phone gingerbread bt is 2.1+EDR. you can check what yours is. goto settings/about phone/hardware info/bluetooth.

well once you are rooted you can just flash a froyo 2.2 rom. unfortunately i'm not sure of just downgrading bt and still be on a gingerbread rom. i did find some bt files located in the lib folder found on the system, but i'm not sure if they are the bt radio or not or if you could write them back into a gingerbread rom.

Reactions: EmM HoLLa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones