• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2 via nand restore

I have an Optimus now with a 2.2.2 (had to get my old one replaced due to woranty) but I have a 2.2 Nand backup file from my old phone, could I use file to restore my current phone (that has 2.2.2) to 2.2 ? Or wil it fail/brick explode my phone?
Thanks

I havent tried that at all. I remember going from 2.3.7 to 2.2.1 with nand restore. So maybe its possible? If you have all the info from the phone written down then there should be no harm of trying. We all take risks here :D we learn from our mistakes later on. If your scared it might brick, then only try it if you are positive you can bring back service. Usually most ppl fail restoring service due to the MDN number. Since some have it different and some may have the same. So can't hurt to try :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones