1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downgrading from 4.4.2 to 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MB_1, Oct 24, 2014.

1. MB_1

MB_1 Lurker

Hello People,

I have just bought a samsung galaxy s3 neo (GT-I9301I)
    It came with pre-installed andoird 4.4.2, but I would like to downgrade it to 4.3

Can someone advice me please (how ot do it, where to get the proper version of 4.3 and so on..)

Main reason for downgrading is that I cannot use LEAP WI-FI. I tried to find solutions but none of them work. So if that can be solved I would even keep the 4.4.2.

Please Help :)

PS: the phone is not rooted

Thanks a lot.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Not sure about the neo, but other versions of the s3 a downgrade will brick the device. A downgrade of the ROM is OK but downgrading the firmware (which includes bootloader and modem) will permanently brick the phone.

3. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

If it is stock 4.4.2 downgrading to an older stock will hard brick. Flashing a stock 4.3 system img (without the bootloader or modem) will cause a soft brick.

As far as I know your only option is to root and install a custom 4.3 rom.

4. MB_1

MB_1 Lurker

Thanks for the replies people.
    I've been reading a lot the last 2-3 days and I've decided not to mess up the phone. Most of the tries there ended up with bricked devices.
    Besides I really dont know much about the Android ..

Thank you one more time and enjoy :)
    Have nice days,months and lives.

5. wuyiL

wuyiL Member

Could I install 3rd party ROM after 4.4.2 update?

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Absolutely

7. wuyiL

wuyiL Member

8. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

That's for the sprint s3. I have a sprint s3 L710 on nd8 4.4.2. And it is rooted and I flash Roms all the time. If you have the model L 710 then why don't you just use towel root? Then use flashify to install recovery. Both are apps and no computer needed
    That link you put up was for sph l710, is that your model? If it is then no your boot loader is not locked. Even if it was that doesn't stop you from rooting. It only prevents flashing custom recovery, but with root and xposed framework you can add anything found in custom Roms anyways.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews