• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downgrading my HTC Wildfire S

Hi People,

I'm new to this forum and would be grateful if someone could help me.

I want to downgrade my HTC wildfire s its on 2.3.5 at the moment and would like to downgrade back to my old version where the lock screen was just simply slide down, also it felt much faster than this version..

Would be grateful if some one could supply be some instructions on how to downgrade if possible.

Thanks

Jonny

I also did mistake to upgrade to 2.3.5 and had before 2.3.3. I also think it feels much slower than the previous version and I would like to have the old lock-screen back without installing additional apps.

To answer the question what feels slow about this version: Simple sliding in phonebook or menues is minimal hanging and not working as good as before. Google Maps hanging now very much at my phone. Before I could smoothly sliding on the map. Now it's hang very often and I need to wait.

I wrote also to CS but I think we're just screwed with this =/ Damn for me.

Upvote 0
No I dont have almost anything installed on the phone. I have it only since 1 week now and reading all the time in any forums =D But it's all still a bit confusing for me. I'm still newbie =/

I thought can't I maybe just easily manually "upgrade" with on old firmware image? I read anything about RUU-files but I didn't found anything for Version 2.3.3. But I doubt it will work that easy.

Upvote 0
Well I simply just dont know how much work would it be to downgrade the device ;) I thought maybe there would be existing an easy and simple way.

Of course you're right when it's not as easy as I wish. When you now tell me that the complete phone is running much more smoothly with rooted path (I think we're talking here about alternative firmware?) I would also consider that. At least I've an original HTC (no branding) phone ^^

What can you recommend me??

Upvote 0
Root it and install a custom rom. The guide in All things root sub-forum is very easy to follow. Just read it carefully a couple of times, and take it slowly. Mine's running WildChild 3 ROM, Overclocked to 806MHz. rock solid, ALL phone's functions working and better battery life. It feels faster than my Xperia U in use too. Win.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones