1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Downgrading to Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geoffjac10, Sep 15, 2011.

1. geoffjac10

geoffjac10 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Hi, i upgraded my i9000 (Galaxy S) via Keis a good few months back only for it to have problems with wifi, freezing and being generally slow. It went back to Samsung and when it came back all they had done was factory reset and tested it.

That was about 2 months ago, since then its been gradually running slow again and still having wireless problems. Ive done several factory resets to no avail.

Im done with Gingerbread and now want to revert back to Froyo as this was far more stable and reliable. Does anyone know how to do this? I really do not want to send this back to Samsung as im not convinced that they will do what i asked!

The unit is a brand-free handset from Carphone Warehouse. Current Build GINGERBREAD XXJVO 2 6 35 7 i9000XXJVO CL182937se infra@SEP 51 #2 and Firmware 2.3.3 - whatever that all means!!

(dots and dshes removed in order to post here)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Geoff.

Advertisement

2. Black Rose

Black Rose Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
  3. geoffjac10

geoffjac10 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
  4. Black Rose

Black Rose Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Who are you getting your service from?

I haven't used Odin myself yet, so can't really provide any input on that aspect of it.

Instead of downgrading to Froyo, you might want to try upgrading to 2.3.4 instead.

5. geoffjac10

geoffjac10 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Service ?? Do you mean network operator? if so its Orange UK.

But the handset is a sim (brand) free handset. And according to my software update manager (keis or on board) i have the latest firmware for my handset!

does this help ?

cheers

6. Black Rose

Black Rose Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Go to your phone dialer and dial *#1234#

This will tell you your current CSC value, then you can find the correct build to install.

7. geoffjac10

geoffjac10 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    OK i did this and got the following:

PDA: I9000XXJVO
    PHONE: I9000XXJVO
    CSC: I9000XAJVO
    build info Wed May 4 10:40:35 KST 2011

i assume you just use the last four characters to determine the build?? but even then i couldnt find it in that link :-(

not having a lot of luck with this am i !

8. UTR

UTR Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi I just upgraded my phone to 2.3.5 using Odin for the very first time its a bit nerve-wracking the first time. I got all of the info needed from News - www.SamFirmware.com the site is horrible to navigate but all the info is there. Also the downloads are hosted externally and it only lets you download files 1 at a time every 30 mins unless you pay a premium fee.

Basically you download and install the driver.

Download the firmware package which includes usually 4 files (the pit file which is formatting instructions, the csc, modem and PDA files a quick look at the names and you should be able to figure out what is what)

A Note on the firmware the name of each file is important as it describes the language and countries that the firmware supports (a full list is available on the site).

Your firmware is i9000XXJVO - i9000 is your handset xx English + some of europe and jv again english + some europe and the last letter is the version. I forget which is region and which is language but as long as any firmware you flash is xxjv then it will be correct.

There is a walkthrough pdf on that site also although the first 3-4 pages are info that is not required power setting etc repair notes.

Put you phone into download mode (read the pdf)

Run Odin - set the required settings and choose the files to flash

Connect the phone via usb (make sure usb debugging is turned on first)

Click start and wait, once complete your phone will reboot load some more info reboot again and you will be up and running.

Remeber to back all your contacts and data etc up before you do this as it will be reset.

Everything you need is here Login - www.SamFirmware.com

2.3.3 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: GT_I9000_XXJVK_XXJVK_OXAJVK.rar

2.3.4 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9000XXJVR SWC.rar

2.3.5 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9000XXJVS.rar

Older versions are listed on the site and there are some alternate region/language codes that are valid but I would try and stick to xxjv to be safe.

I use spbshell 3d and in 2.3.5 it's noticably quicker than 2.3.3

If you get stuck just shout :)

UTR

geoffjac10 likes this.