• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downgrading your Android version ?

Hello,

I have a Xperia ST25i (or Xperia U) and I experienced an issue with my contacts that my phone couldn't start the application anymore to view my contacts, very annoying indeed.
So I updated my phone, and got a new Android version with it, but since then my phone is INCREDIBLE slow. It takes ages to open my messages / contacts / picking up a call..., probably because the Android version I have now (4.0.4) is too heavy for my phone.

So my question is: can I downgrade my phone to the older version of Android I had when I bought my phone (if I may believe Wiki the 2.3.7 version) ? And if yes how ?
I tried the factory reset with the Sony PC Compagnon thing but it didn't helped anything.

Thanks for your help.

Regards from Belgium

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones