• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download 3026.prl (Latest) and Update Instructions! (Regularly Updated)

So Metro finally expanded and 4G went live today in the Lehigh Acres/Ft. Myers area. The website doesnt show it yet, but I'm suspicious that the 3025 prl update contributed to the early release on my phone. Absolutely loving the speed, but battery life really does suck. I have a feeling I'll be using Any Cut to turn off LTE once I get done playing. So far my speed test results are on average 4mbps down and 2mbps up. Not bad for a start, especially in comparison to the old super-slow 1xRTT speeds. Just ordered an extended 3600mah battery on ebay, should be here by friday. I'll post more results as time goes on. In the meantime, I'm uber-satisfied with my cell provider (for the first time ever). :D

Upvote 0
I want to buy a galaxy indulge, and buy the 50.00 a month package...

once i get this indulge from metro pcs, I want to enable tether, i know i have to root the phone first, so when i root do it

I want to play online games like some games on my wii, and watch some netflix over my nintendo wii...

probably some games on steam powered...

" or even access the internet over my xbox360.. "

would all of that be possible?

Upvote 0
I want to buy a galaxy indulge, and buy the 50.00 a month package...

once i get this indulge from metro pcs, I want to enable tether, i know i have to root the phone first, so when i root do it

I want to play online games like some games on my wii, and watch some netflix over my nintendo wii...

probably some games on steam powered...

" or even access the internet over my xbox360.. "

would all of that be possible?

Yes it is all possible, but the connection will probably be very slow and laggy, and I'd hate to play someone online with so much lag LOL. And just for a reminder, this is not the place to ask questions, just make a thread in this forum for it.

Upvote 0
Well this is the first prl where I've noticed a difference in my area (north of Boston). Definitely a more consistent, less dropped 4g signal (near my house anyway). No sign yet of 3g. I really hope they take our market into consideration for these evdo upgrades, as the Boston area has probably the weirdest 4g and regular coverage imaginable. Like ever. Seriously look at the coverage map. It's not a blob, it's two blobs with tons of gaps in between.

But unless I'm deceiving myself 3026 I've noticed the indulge holds 4g better around my area. Anyone else from Boston back me up on this?

Upvote 0
Well this is the first prl where I've noticed a difference in my area (north of Boston). Definitely a more consistent, less dropped 4g signal (near my house anyway). No sign yet of 3g. I really hope they take our market into consideration for these evdo upgrades, as the Boston area has probably the weirdest 4g and regular coverage imaginable. Like ever. Seriously look at the coverage map. It's not a blob, it's two blobs with tons of gaps in between.

But unless I'm deceiving myself 3026 I've noticed the indulge holds 4g better around my area. Anyone else from Boston back me up on this?

i am getting a more stable 4g at my place. i live in philly and just updated my prl to 3026 today. no 3g yet here either

Reactions: OptiC-ShotS
Upvote 0
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I updated my PRL by calling *226 and did all that and I go to school in Boston and live in Worcester, Massachusetts and I cannot see the 3G symbol. The 3G map looks like Boston is covered can anyone tell me why I haven't gotten the symbol yet? I updated it at like 750am this morning. :(

Upvote 0
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I updated my PRL by calling *226 and did all that and I go to school in Boston and live in Worcester, Massachusetts and I cannot see the 3G symbol. The 3G map looks like Boston is covered can anyone tell me why I haven't gotten the symbol yet? I updated it at like 750am this morning. :(

there is a 4g map on the website but there is no 3g map.

Upvote 0
Calling *228 now gives you 3026 :)

I can confirm that, updated in my area too.. didnt have to go through all that and use my guide haha.

If anyone is thinking about updating their prls, try *228 first just in case to see if it updates you to 3026. And if it takes you back to a older prl you have nothing to loose since you were in the process of changing it anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones