• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download apps but not through market?

chaylz

May 22, 2011
ok so im new to the forums. names chaylz hi all. im sure everyone reading this is aware of downloading second source apps rooting etc. so my samsung epic is rooted, i have astro file manager i have "allow downloads from secondary sources checked" i download "hide & block texts- invisible" . in this case will foward all texts or numbers i add to the app to this hidden app and doesnt go to my inbox. ive tried useing appcontrol and astro itself. to download the application either move it to sd uninstall from the market and removing it back over. when you go to install the application you have 2 options. "use astro or market" you use market to install it. it now comes up in your market as you have the application. i do not want it to showup in the market.. any other solutions?

In Astro press on the APK, choose open app manager, then choose install. If it is still attached to the market you can download the paid version of titanium backup and from there you can choose to remove market link and it will no longer register on the market.

Applanet is a bad idea as it is a refuge for pirated apps, support your devs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones