• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download Apps Direct Setting

lucksp

Aug 17, 2011
I cannot find the setting which allows an app to be installed when downloaded directly, such as the Amazon Apps.
An error message pops up a note to bring you to the setting, but nothing appears to match up what the error message indicates is the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

What does the error say exactly?

My guess is you might not have unknown sources checked on your phone.

To double check do menu-settings-applications-development-check unknown sources.

If you don't have that option listed there then you can get the gingerbread update which has that option. So if you haven't updated your phone you can check if it's available. Menu-settings-software update-htc update (make sure you are on wifi)
If you don't want to update to gingerbread then you can try contacting att to have them push the unknown sources option to your phone.

Reactions: lucksp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones