• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download Booster not working

alunjai

Apr 28, 2014
The download booster on my S5 doesn't seem to work. I have both 4G and wifi on and set the download booster on. The logo for the booster is indicated at the top but when downloading it seems to be at normal wifi speeds and the icon at the top doesn't turn white (i assume when the booster is working and downloading it will change white).

When I just download with 4G alone its actually quite fast.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

I live in Hong Kong and my carrier is 123 - Not sure if that helps.

So it depends on the carrier?

In the USA that is so. Samsung supplies the OS for each carrier to fine tune.

Verizon USA is one of the worst for adding unneccessary applications. Luckily we can disable those we don't want.

However, Verizon and AT&T here in good ole USA deleted Download Booster from our phones.

You will have to find out if your carrier allows it.

Upvote 0
In the USA that is so. Samsung supplies the OS for each carrier to fine tune.

Verizon USA is one of the worst for adding unneccessary applications. Luckily we can disable those we don't want.

However, Verizon and AT&T here in good ole USA deleted Download Booster from our phones.

You will have to find out if your carrier allows it.

Ok I will check with my carrier. It's a bit silly if the carrier restricts you from using a function on your phone.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok I will check with my carrier. It's a bit silly if the carrier restricts you from using a function on your phone.

Thanks

If the phone was supplied by the carrier, often at a heavily subsidised price. They can indeed restrict or remove features from it. A common one is tethering, you can't tether unless you pay an extra tethering fee. You might even have to pay an extra fee to enable download booster.

Upvote 0
I'm with MetroPCS, and we have the ability to use Download Booster. I also turn it on when updating multiple apps, but it also only uses wifi.. A small popup shows up, then disappears saying something like the file has to be 30mb big I think, in order for it to use both 4g and wifi together. Not sure if its really 30mb, but I know it says it has to be a certain amount for it to use both.

Upvote 0
Did not know that it needs a certain minimum size limit before it will actually proceed to download.

I can understand the reasoning though.

Not that it makes much difference for us Verizon or AT&T suckers.
Ours is deleted from the O.S.

I am looking at a few items in the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=downloadmanagerlite.nthbytes.com

How does it work?
Download Booster makes use of multiple connections to download files to your phone.
Note:Some files does not support multiple connections(mainly file sharing sites). You can validate multiple connection support by using Validate Link . If a server doesnot support parallel connection , software will consider single connection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdjsoftware.download

Download Blazer is easy-to-use, free download manager for your Android devices. Downnload Blazer with boost your download speed and make your downloads more reliable with download resume support.
This is free ad-supported version of Download Blazer. If you like this app consider buying ad-free Download Blazer PRO. You purchase supports future development of the app.
Key Features:
• Increased download speed
• Pause/resume your downloads
• Continue disconnected downloads
• Organize your downloads in queue
• Download all file types from the web - except YouTube videos as prohibited by Google

===================================

Anyone tried using any of these apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones