1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Download from Market Still Throws Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CooperDuper, Jan 12, 2012.

1. CooperDuper

CooperDuper Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay, I posted a few times before regarding the inability to download apps from Market after root, recovery and flash of the 01102012 BACKside IHO ROM.

I went back to the drawing board and followed all of the steps on the sticky 'Optimus V: All Things Root Guide' as noted below.

So far so good, phone boots up just fine with new ROM, I'm prompted first thing to add my Google account (which didn't happen last time because I added GAPPS after first reboot) so I'm thinking this must be why I couldn't download apps from Market on the first go around.

I add my account, phone finishes setup, everything is looking good, I add my WiFi connection, works fine. I open Contacts and see all my Google contacts, I open Market and open 'My Apps' and see apps I've purchased so I know I'm authenticated into Market okay, try to run an update on Superuser app and click Update, Accept & Download, and get the following:

Error
    "Superuser" could not dowloaded due to an error.
    [OK]

I get this error on any app I try to download. Thoughts... ideas??

*** INSTRUCTIONS I FOLLOWED ***

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    What rom? Did you reflash or redownload then reflash? I'd suggest you redownload the rom, from a PC if possible. Then search the forums for Andies post with the update wiper zip. I'd provide you the link, but I'm typing with one thumb with a sleeping infant in my other arm. Format (wipe, means the same thing) system, data, cache, dalvik. Run the update wiper. Flash the rom, and gapps. Then try again.

3. CooperDuper

CooperDuper Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the one thumbed sleeping infant reply (new acronym OTSIR). I really appreciate that!

ROM: 01102012 BACKside IHO

I downloaded the ROM on a computer to the root of the SD card. Last time it was in a folder that I browsed to from the phone when flashing/installing. So it was basically a new copy on the SD card.

Then I followed the instructions as noted in my original post from the sticky 'Optimus V: All Things Root Guide'. If these instructions...

...equals "Did you reflash or redownload then reflash?" then yes I did.

I will go ahead and try the update wiper zip but I think the steps I followed manually performed that. Stay tuned for an update to see if that works or not... thanks!

4. CooperDuper

CooperDuper Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    And we have Market downloading. Very nice to have rooted and Gingerbread and most importantly no bloatware!!

Case closed, thanks for your help!

5. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    Your very welcome. Enjoy your custom phone!

CooperDuper likes this.
  6. CooperDuper

CooperDuper Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay one final question... I'm noticing I don't have any notifications from Gmail, twitter app, etc now. Is this a known issue? I tried to search but didn't see anything specific. Thoughts?

7. Atma

Atma Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    Try checking settings > accounts & sync > under manage accounts is your gmail address showing? If so, select it and then make sure 'sync gmail' is checked. I usually have to do that after updating. Not sure about your twitter, etc.

CooperDuper likes this.
  8. CooperDuper

CooperDuper Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks! Did the trick on Gmail. I'll dig deeper into the twitter app I'm trying out (Twicca) to see if I'm missing something in the settings.

Tags: