• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download mode is changing into recovery mode in samsung galaxy s

Samdan

Lurker
Jun 7, 2011
I am running korean anycall samsung galaxy s with froyo 2.2.1. When i go into download mode using 3 button (volume down+home key+power button) there appears a sentence do not turn off the target in korean. Just after that (2 or 3 seconds later) download mode changes into recovery mode automatically. I have been trying it for ~10 times but still no success entering download mode properly. Ahh.. also when it is changing from download mode into recovery mode there comes "movi_checking..." or something like that and there is the freaking recovery mode. Here is the fun part. when i hold volume up+home key+power button phone just boots instead of going into recovery mode. Tried youtube and saw usb jig that can manually make the phone enter download mode. But i think it will not affect 2 or 3 seconds appearing of download mode. Please sum1 help me solve this problem, if you had problem like mine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones