• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Can i download movies and watch them on the xperia without using a laptop? I gather real player does not work on these phones so is there another media player that does? Much appreciated:)

Real Player movies? like .RA files? from the 90s?

Not sure what file type you are taking about.....MKV maybe?

Anyways, best apps for playing various media types are:

ArcMedia Lite and yxplayer

I prevent ArcMedia Lite. Plays everything for me from FLV files to AVI to MPG to MP4

Upvote 0
Sorry Beau420, there 2 separate questions. Is there a site i can download movies to my sd card and how do i go about watching them?

LOL

You are on the wrong site.

Download movies anywhere. Any movie in any format. There are at least 10s of thousands....probably more like hundreds of thousands of illegal movie download websites on the internet.

Download from Youtube or whatever. Buy a DVD and rip it onto your computer, then copy it onto the phone.

If you don't know how or where to look for movies, ask a friend, this forum isn't the place for illegal downloading....but in order to watch movies, you will probably need to use another media player. The default player only plays a couple formats. But ArcMedia Lite does nearly everything.

LOL....how to download movies....do an internet search....look into torrents and look into Filestube.com

I think this site does legal movies - Legit Torrents - Legal Torrents, Free Media

Some guys like Michael Moore apparently release their movies for free online.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones