• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download: New Gmail Version 2.2.1

2 questions

1) Does it allow you to copy text from an email?
2) Can you download attachments?

I'd check myself but I didn't see it on the market. Those were the two things that made me switch to K-9.

Update: I downloaded it and checked it myself. You can copy text, just click menu then go to select text. Not sure if that was always there. I can download all the attachments I need I guess, and I think I may have been able to do this all the time too. Documents can be previewed and then saved while you are previewing them, still wish you could just save them right away. Zip files open in Astro File Manager for me where I can save them too.

Upvote 0
It happened for you or you installed it manually?

i did not update it manually.

i was using gmail and was aggravated i had to scroll all the way down a message to delete it or anything else. then the next time i used it(about an hour later) it had the header and the archive/delete buttons at the bottom. now my only gripe is a quick way to mark as spam(i probably just haven't found it).

Upvote 0
Hello all, I have installed this update, and simply love it for the fact that I don't have to scroll down 20 threads to reply to an email.

Only problem is that I can't preview or open any email attachments. I have cleared cache and restarted my droid x a few times with no luck. Anyone else having the same issues?

Upvote 0
I have my Att.net/Yahoo account (set as default) linked to my Gmail account. When I compose an email through Gmail on my computer, I am given an option to which email account to send the email from.

However on the Gmail app on my Droid 2, I don't see that drop-down box when I compose a new email. It always sends it out from my default Yahoo acount.

I updated the Gmail app to the latest 2.2.1 but the problem still persists.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this issue and send emails from the account of my choice.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones