• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help download out of memory?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Anyway, I just checked my em
ail on my Moment and downloaded an attachment. When I tried to open it an error message popped up saying "out of memory". I have plenty of memory left on both my sd card and internal memory so I am stumped as to what "memory" the message is referring to. If anyone has a clue and can help out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for reviving this thread but I still haven't been able to figure this problem out. Someone just forwarded an email to me with an .xls file attachment that he was viewing on his phone. When I tried to open the attachment on my Moment I got the "out of memory" message again. I used to be able to view .xls files onm y Moment so I have no idea what happened.

Upvote 0
After searching the web for the last few days I've come up with zero results. Obviously the file viewer is having issues and since I wasn't sure what caused it to stop working properly I bit the bullet and did a full reset. I figured this may work since it would completely erase the whole phone and make things the way they used to be. Well I was wrong :( After the reset my Moment still won't open up the files. I guess the next step is to download an app from the market that will open them.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the free version of Documents to Go and was able to view the 230kb .xls file. Just out of curiosity I sent myself a smaller .xls file (80kb) and was able to view it with the stock file viewer so apparently the larger .xls file was just too big for the stock viewer. It kind of sucks though because my buddy was able to view the larger file on his Droid Eris without the use of a third party app. Problem solved, I guess, but I just wish it didn't have to take an 8mb app to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones