• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download problem fixed

gunnerrun

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Both my wife and I bought new droid 2 two phones. Hers worked perfectly but my developed the locked in download problem the day after purchase when trying to download Angry Birds. I went to the Internet and found several of the suggested corrective actions but none worked. The other odd thing was the ATK function would kill all of the apps except the music app. Eventually thinking ATK was the problem I uninstalled it to no avail. Interestingly I saw no difference in battery consumption with it out. On Monday I found a Verizon store open. They did a system upgrade which also failed to fix the problem. They ordered a replacement no charge except shipping.

This morning 4 days later my droid notifies me there are updates available. ATK was one of them. The other two were Maps and Google voice. Thinking what the hell I tried to download ATK. Much to my surprise ATK downloaded as did the other two apps. I then downloaded Angry Birds, no problem. My new phone is to arrive today. Is this problem now permanently fixed or will it again arise? Do I accept the new or keep what is now working?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones