• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download PUBG using APK OBB??

PUBG Mobile takes up too many spaces in my Android right now, ever since the downloading process had taken up the majority of the space, not to mention the data consumed while running the app.
My friends say that using the modification of APK OBB may help me resolve my issue ever since APK OBB files help reduce the date every time updated.
I'm not fully understand about it, can anyone explain to me why this will reduce the amount of data consumed? If i download, will my experience be influenced like poor performance of sound or screen resolution??

If you are referring to compressed obb files hosted by other websites, you could save some data on the download of the files but you need to manually extract those files and install it yourself. Install size will still be the same as the obb files from the store its just compressed for downloads. Your data consumption for playing the game will still be the same. There is no real benefit in this other than exposing your phone to possible security issues.

Upvote 0
If you are referring to compressed obb files hosted by other websites, you could save some data on the download of the files but you need to manually extract those files and install it yourself. Install size will still be the same as the obb files from the store its just compressed for downloads. Your data consumption for playing the game will still be the same. There is no real benefit in this other than exposing your phone to possible security issues.
is there likely to get risk of security issue ?? really, like how??

Upvote 0
They can include other programs in the compressed archive and run it upon decompression and potentially get your data. How do you think they make money by hosting files? They are not doing it for free, some use ads but other are not that honest and there will always be something else. Installing from other sources is disabled for a reason, if you know what your doing then go ahead.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
No, definitely if you will modify APK OBB it will consume fewer data and space because PUBG mobile update its app simultaneously so all the time you have no need to update, but thats right, that you can not play with players who have already updated their game as well as you can not enjoy all the new features which come in the update.

And yes, nothing will change if you will play the game after modifying OBB APK everything will be the same as other PUBG mobile players feel but the main point in the conclusion is that after modifying OBB APK you can play the game till PUBG mobile does not bring the new update, but when update comes you have to update game to play with other players because that time no one would be playing on an un-updated game and for playing with them you need to update it.

I personally belive that, by modifying APK OBB you can play the game but after the update, you have yo update it.. but the solution is that when an update comes what we need to do is get OBB file from person who has updated game and then you can play. This process need to do every time when PUBG mobile brings an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones