• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Download] Samsung R720 Official Cricket Corporate EH29 Upgrade Utility [LEAKED].

I finally have done it. Same error log issue as above, this is not a problem though. I did create the file before flashing but this had no effect. Unless you want a log of errors, its not important.

You gave me an idea. I'd noticed that the flashing utility installs in Program Files (x86) rather than Program Files. Since the flashing utility seems to be looking for the log file in the Program Files directory rather than the directory in which the utility is actually installed, I copied the installation to the Program Files directory and placed an empty Notepad-created text file (named R720_log.txt) in there.

This time I didn't receive the error message. The text file didn't have anything written to it, though.

Upvote 0
You gave me an idea. I'd noticed that the flashing utility installs in Program Files (x86) rather than Program Files. Since the flashing utility seems to be looking for the log file in the Program Files directory rather than the directory in which the utility is actually installed, I copied the installation to the Program Files directory and placed an empty Notepad-created text file (named R720_log.txt) in there.

This time I didn't receive the error message. The text file didn't have anything written to it, though.

I just noticed this myself, mines in spanish so it says archivos de programas or something o) I put the file in manually I also got no error message and nothing was recorded in the log o) Ill leave it running and then root it tommorrow, ill listen out for reboots both before and after the root.
Log entry
s0start : new SW_THREADPARAMSstart : SwDownloaddelete pThreadParamss2s3s4s5s6s7s8s9s10s11s12

Upvote 0
I just noticed this myself, mines in spanish so it says archivos de programas or something o) I put the file in manually I also got no error message and nothing was recorded in the log o) Ill leave it running and then root it tommorrow, ill listen out for reboots both before and after the root.
Log entry
s0start : new SW_THREADPARAMSstart : SwDownloaddelete pThreadParamss2s3s4s5s6s7s8s9s10s11s12

I flashed mine a bit over an hour ago and haven't heard it reboot since. I'm guessing it had something to do with the changes I'd made after flashing it.

Upvote 0
Thats good news.
I've had mine flashed for over a day or so, and all is well. Just *228 for programming and you're good to go.
No reboots for me, GPS is good, wifi, data, cell is all good.
Think we may have a winner here. ;)

Cheers m8's

edit: _and_ its the updated 2.3.4 OS, so double+ win.
Great Success!

Upvote 0
Your device doesn't reboot every once in awhile, right? Mine is still rebooting, though not nearly as often as before. :thinking:

Not once in over two days of heavy testing. I asssume you have the cricket model?

The best you can do is format/ wipe everything, reflash and leave it running for one day without doing anything with it, dont root, install apps, login to google etc, maybe just connect it to cricket and leave it, see if its still does the same thing.

Dont forget heat issues too, is it in a case, in a warm room, on charge, in your hands etc??

I need a favour from yourself or spz0, preferably spz0 as hes having less problems. When you guys next flash this to your phone i would appreciate it if you could connect it to cricket esp. data and leave it overnight. In the morning, do a nandroid backup and send the link to my email address which i will post.

I am beginning to think that maybe cricket is pushing silent updates to your phones via the data network and this maybe updating previous bugs etc and could explain why you guys dont experience the same bugs thats i do. If it is true and works then i guess we could post the backup as a sort of offline installation to those who are not on the network??? It would certainly explain why the nandroid backup over at cricketusers has a improved gps/ orientation functionality?

Upvote 0
I have posted an update in my original update above.

Funny, cuz the eh29 update is more recent than eh09. I honestly have zero issues with GPS. Accuracy is within 6 feet average. Horizontal axis does spin uncontrollably when I put the phone down from time to time. But I've honestly never calibrated the gyro before.

Thanks for the additional info

Upvote 0
Funny, cuz the eh29 update is more recent than eh09. I honestly have zero issues with GPS. Accuracy is within 6 feet average. Horizontal axis does spin uncontrollably when I put the phone down from time to time. But I've honestly never calibrated the gyro before.

Thanks for the additional info

Exactly it explains why his (cricketusers) and yours is more updated than mine and why you dont have the same problems as me, you must be getting a silent update from cricket. if you could do a nandroid backup at some point, I would certainly like to try it to see. In addition you could post the size of those two files after being on the network for a few days
libaccelcal.so
sensors.default.so
they are in system/lib and system/lib/hw

Pity we cant get this for our model (obviously gives a status 0 error when flashing)
GPS FIX for Gingerbread leak - xda-developers
Looks like someone got this working on another rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1321049&page=5

Upvote 0
Exactly it explains why his (cricketusers) and yours is more updated than mine and why you dont have the same problems as me, you must be getting a silent update from cricket. if you could do a nandroid backup at some point, I would certainly like to try it to see. In addition you could post the size of those two files after being on the network for a few days
libaccelcal.so
sensors.default.so
they are in system/lib and system/lib/hw

Pity we cant get this for our model (obviously gives a status 0 error when flashing)

http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/openvitality/GPS_FIX-R720.zip

Not tested in field, but it will flash.

Good Luck!

edit: field test -- found lock in 10 sec. No improvement from before, but we know it works.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It flashed but didnt flash gpsd (daemon) in the bin directory which probably explains why it behaved no differently than before. I did it on cwm with EH09/EH29. Did yours overwrite or do you still have that 45k gpsd file there?

I dont mind if the thread gets long. Im subscribed to it, to I get email alerts when new posts are made, not when posts are updated. Easier for me since Im on the go a lot.

File definitely overwritten.

Upvote 0
I dont mind if the thread gets long. Im subscribed to it, to I get email alerts when new posts are made, not when posts are updated. Easier for me since Im on the go a lot.

File definitely overwritten.

Ok I shutdown, ran cwm .0.7 i installed it 5 times by selecting install from zip. When I turned on sig verification it failed. it didnt get an error when I did it with toggle assert scripts enabled. The 45k gpsd file is still in the system/bin directory. O(
update looks like yours has gone into another directory. (Vendor)

Upvote 0
I dont think that gpsd is not built for our phones. So unfortunately that will not work. =\ pulling download.
: some clarification. Flashed the gpsd and received multiple errors on logcat. gps would not initialize on system load. Could be the flashing method. try manually pushing gpsd for /system/bin/.

Its late. Im tired. I'll look into this more tomorrow.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
I dont think that gpsd is not built for our phones. So unfortunately that will not work. =\ pulling download.
: some clarification. Flashed the gpsd and received multiple errors on logcat. gps would not initialize on system load. Could be the flashing method. try manually pushing gpsd for /system/bin/.

Its late. Im tired. I'll look into this more tomorrow.

Cheers.
I didnt think so either, I pulled it over manually only for the phone to grunt and burp. A nandroid backup of an untouched/ unrooted stock EH29 rom after being on the cricket data network for at least several hours (with a couple of reboots) seems like the only option. Ive been back on EH09 nandroid backup for the last 24 hours and it works a lot better than EH29 stock the only problem being that GPS will not restart without a reboot. As you can see in the last paragraph it is possible to push OS updates. Google rolls out silent fix for Android security vulnerability | DataProtectionCenter.com: Tech and Security - Data Recovery and Protection, Internet, Technology, Security, Reviews, Softwares
Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Well, I can tell ya, that immediately after I flashed this util, *228 and reboot I tested the GPS, so if there was a silent update, I didnt get it while I was testing GPS for you m8. Im srsly almost 100% sure its a hardware related issue. Are you eligible for an exchange? I would certainly look into it if gps is an issue.

Upvote 0
Well, I can tell ya, that immediately after I flashed this util, *228 and reboot I tested the GPS, so if there was a silent update, I didnt get it while I was testing GPS for you m8. Im srsly almost 100% sure its a hardware related issue. Are you eligible for an exchange? I would certainly look into it if gps is an issue.

When I worked in the industry these were pushed out overnight and this was across a lan, so i would guess with even less bandwidth a provider would do it irregularly and definately in the early hours of the morning.
If your going to look at it yourself the best thing someone can do is look at the size of these two files after being on the network for at least several hours or overnight with a couple of reboots afterwards.

system/lib/libaccelcal.so EH09 NB 77.66k EH29 Stock 29.62k
system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so EH09 NB 86.20k EH29 Stock 38.22k

Doing a nandroid backup at this point would also be a bonus, ir rather test it myself to see the differences esp. as i know this gps/ orientation sensors system inside out.

I am fairly convinced also that this is a hardware issue. I have a warranty but i will be out of the usa for several months, so returning it isnt easy. I use the standalone gps out here daily so its a killer in this state and even worse if i sent it back.

Dont go out of your way on this one, only if your going down that path anyway. Im sure charssun is better suited as hes having problems himself with reboots, something i can test with him. He would likely need to format everything, flash it one evening and leave it over night anyhow to see if he gets reboots in its original state. I have found EH02 stock here, I may try and flash this too to see of any differences o) thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones