1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Download to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Colinito, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Colinito

Colinito Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2016
    Male
    Hello Everyone!
    I have just become the owner of a ZTE Blade L3. My first smartphone Android.

Being past my sell-by date, technology is not my strong point, so I have joined this forum to obtain some assistance that is not contained in the online user manual!

Having done some research I have learned that there are some apps that I cannot yet download, like What's app as I am waiting for my SIM card.

However these are the Apps listed under my Apps heading -

Android System WebView
    Chrome
    Clean master
    Gmail
    Google App
    Google play Movies & TV
    Google Play Music
    Goof¡gle Play Services
    Google Play Store
    Google text to speech Engine
    Hangouts
    Hotmail
    Maps
    News & weather
    Photos
    Puzzle pets
    Twitter
    Unit Converter
    WPS Office
    Yahoo mail
    You tube

I realise that I shall probably never use some, and some I don't know what they are for. But I shall learn!

I tried to download an Ad Blocker but was told that there was insufficient space. With a newly inserted 16GB SD card, this makes no sense unless the phone has not either "recognised" that the SD card is there or I have to "Instruct" the phone to download onto the SD Card.

My questions are - how can I download to the SD card and enable it to be used for any other storage purpose. My previous non-android phone had a control to use either the Memory card or the Phone, I can't find a control like that on the Blade L3.

From the List of Apps, could anyone inform me if the Chrome is utilised, I can access the Internet but have no idea if it is by Chrome or not?

Is the WPS Office like Microsoft Office?

Would it be Advisable to remove Clean Master and download something like Malwarebytes or AVG?

I would like to have an adblocker as I have Adblock Plus on my PC and laptop, is this advisable or not, I tend to see a great many ads. on the Android!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards,

Colin

Advertisement

2. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Clean Master is not your friend... in fact there is a lot of evidence on this forum that it is actually your enemy...
    Amongst other things, people have noticed that it slows down devices, provides scary reports about non existent problems, will prompt you to download other unwanted information, and sends a lot of your information to the applications owners in China!

I think its a good idea to lose that one (asap)

regards,
    Andy

badcatz, IsaacGuti, Hadron and 2 others like this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Totally agree with Andy,

and, you cannot load apps onto the SD card, they run in the phone's internal memory. Some apps, not all, can push some of their stuff onto the SD card, but if the SD card breaks, so does the phone's app. Also, if the phone breaks, the portion of it on the SD card won't be useful anymore.

Hadron likes this.
  4. Colinito

Colinito Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2016
    Male
    Hello Andy and AZgl1500,

Many thanks Andy . as I speak Clean Master is no more!

AZgl1500, thanks for your reply, so what do I do to enable downloads when I am informed that there is insufficient space?
    and how is the SD card accessed/used or 'switched on'?
    Apologies if the questions seem silly, but I have not learned enough about this phone yet!

Regards

Colin

psionandy likes this.