1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root download to SD over 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GuillotineDream, Jun 25, 2010.

1. GuillotineDream

GuillotineDream Active Member

Jun 25, 2010
    trying to DL white window 4.4 to my SD card over 3g. tried in default browser and it said unable to DL. in opera mini 5 the DL makes no progress then eventually fails. have tried multiple links.

just wondering why it won't work. any ideas? I'm really just screwing around anyway so its not a huge deal.

also using tainted vanilla 1.4 if that makes a difference. thanks!

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    there shouldnt be an issue, but its always best to download roms from a desktop to avoid issues with corruption

3. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I agree with Andrizoid that it's better to download with a pc.

But, I have successfully downloaded several roms/zips using XScope and had no problems.

4. andrizoid

Mar 25, 2010
    ive done it with the stock browser before. haha i remember in the first days of my root....sitting in english class flashing new roms.

it can be done, but its not recommended-and it takes a hell of a lot longer too.

5. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    ....or bored at work :D

6. andrizoid

Mar 25, 2010
    haha those were the days.
    i remember trying to change my bootanimation using adb push. that was the hardest thing in the world for a while. it literally took me almost a 4 hour train ride to get one adb push command to work

of course...that was on mac os and nobody mentioned that you needed to put it in as ./adb push, but still....how time flies.

7. GuillotineDream

GuillotineDream Active Member

Jun 25, 2010
    yeah I'm pretty much just bored at work. I'm aware this should be done on a computer. just wondering what would cause the DLs to just fail. I have awesome 3g signal where I'm at so I'm pretty sure it should work.

anyway thanks for the replies so far. planning on giving white widow a spin when I get home

8. andrizoid

Mar 25, 2010
    glad to see someone else hopping on the bandwagon, i hope you enjoy it.
    if you have any issues when it comes to the actual rom dont hesitate to ask.