1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root "Download unsuccesful" no matter what.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Knitewulf, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast
    None

No matter what I do on my droid it always ends up with the download unsuccesful.

I'm rooted and have ultimatedroid (the 2.2 version) on my phone.

I've tried deleting the market cache and data, deleting market updater data, deleting download manager cache and data, changing the date, resyncing my gail accounts and some other stuff and nothing works.

Is there any way I can fix it?

Advertisement

2. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Does it say that when you try to download app from the market? I've noticed on my phone when the internal memory is getting low (less than 30 MB) it won't let me download any apps until I free up some space.

3. Knitewulf

None

Yea it doesn't let me download or update anything.

P.S. nice to see you again :p

4. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Hey Knite :)

In Settings -> Applications -> Market, select uninstall updates. Try that if you haven't already.

5. itsTUCK3R

itsTUCK3R Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    having the same issues...

-tried formatting sd card
    -tried clearing cache from both download manager and market apps
    -reflashed smoked glass v11 and started from scratch
    -reset modem, router, and wireless connection
    -hard and soft resets
    -factory data reset

bout the only thing i havent tried is reflashing from a saved restore i have to a previous date that i KNOW was downloading apps correctly...purchased or free it will not download anything, and when you go back into the apps download section the download progress bar will just be completely blank and do nothing...will get back to everyone once i find out if the restore is going to do anything

ok, restored an older one, rebooted, restored a new copy of smoked glass v11. downloads didnt work still...cleared cache and data AND force stopped, then soft reset phone. pandora and flash player installed but things like droid overclock, xbox live statistics (purchased) and es file explorer didnt download after the first try. es file explorer downloaded on the second try, droid overclock didnt...wtf is going on...rom manager downloaded no problem on the first try...is it something with the market's network or is my phone just going bonkers?!?!?!?

6. Knitewulf

None

My market version is 1.82 and it doesn't even offer an uninstall updates option.

Tucker, I feel like our phones are both having the same problem. Have you downloaded any weird apps lately? I'm hoping I don't have to resort to just getting a new phone.

7. hikersc

hikersc Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    I am having the same problem. I am rooted and running Charity, Version 11. I am having the same issue on a rooted (stock 2.1) Nook Color. I had been traveling and notice the problem on both devices when I returned home. I would like to think that it is on the Google end and might just start working again. Some solution would be great.

8. itsTUCK3R

itsTUCK3R Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    the only thing i downloaded that would be weird was a wireless tether app, however after the factory data reset that wouldve been irrelevant. my apps are downloading now, i think something was wrong with the market on google's end like hikersc said.

9. itsTUCK3R

itsTUCK3R Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    its happening again...omg im about to murder someone :mad:

10. angiethemonster

None

May 16, 2010
    Bookstore Manager
    Austin, TX
    My phone's been doing the exact same thing. I had 10 updates all piled up! I did what I was familiar with, cleared cache, force stopped the market, rebooted my phone. No change. With the whole list of apps trying to update and all of them saying unsuccessful, I picked one, cancelled the download and restarted it. It downloaded. I had to do that to each one. Still don't know what caused all this business. :/