1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downloaded Apps on an Unrooted Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rhuderalis, Feb 4, 2011.

  1. Rhuderalis

    Rhuderalis Lurker
    Thread Starter

    I quite often download apps from torrent sites etc. and give them a test run on my phone before I buy from the app store (90% of the time to check compatibility before purchase, bad experiences have taught me to do this). My phone isn't rooted, I'm wondering if there's anyway HTC/Orange etc. can detect I've done this and void my warranty? Or for that matter if there are any other risks involved?
     



    1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!


      Download

       
  2. SUroot

    SUroot Extreme Android User

    You cannot void warranty by installing apps.
     
  3. Rhuderalis

    Rhuderalis Lurker
    Thread Starter

    Are there no other implications? In the eyes of the law I'm guessing this is effectively piracy, even though 90% of the time I'll end up buying the app and the other 10% deleting it cos it's rubbish or doesn't work. Do the android store not monitor this sort of thing etc?

    Soz to dig deeper but it seems odd that I could effectively download and install the entire app store from a torrent site without paying a penny and there would be no repercussions.
     
  4. anandv76

    anandv76 Well-Known Member

    you would certainly not be in the right side of law...
     

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
0
Reviews
Loading...
Similar Threads - Downloaded Apps Unrooted
  1. Sunny Rio
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    1,629
  2. kootjekluit
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    542
  3. David Ralph
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,207
  4. App Update
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    383
  5. App Update
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    732
  6. Gobshyte
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,145
  7. Gabriele Cestra
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,213
  8. App Update
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    591
  9. LadyG
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    895
  10. App Update
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    430

Share This Page

Loading...