• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading apps freezes device

JackM

Lurker
Aug 6, 2010
I am new Android and Samsung Captivate user. The device freezes when downloading Market apps. They appear in Download folder. Clicking on each one will either bring the message "starting download...." or "starting install...." and the download/install freezes until it is canceled. Tried soft and hard reboot.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Are you saying that your phone is locked/frozen or just that the files don't download? If it's the latter, it seems to be a common Android issue. I found several references when it happened to me.

The easiest/fastest band-aid I found was to just launch Google Talk on the phone. The files will immediately start loading. Crazy bug but it seems to work. <shrug>

Upvote 0
Phone isn't frozen just that files do not download. Thanks for the suggestion but launching Google Talk does not fix the problem. After selecting apps from Market, they appear in Download folder, even though the message "Starting Download..." never goes away. If I then click on the app in the Download folder, it either takes me to the Install or repeats "Starting download..." If it goes to Install, the message is "Starting install...." but program never installs or show in Applications.

Does anyone know how to delete the download files from the Download folder?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones