• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloading apps from the market???

cooks11

Lurker
May 30, 2011
Hi, I'm desperate for help. :thinking:

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Apollo, 3 weeks ago, on the O2 network. (I'm in the UK)

I love the phone but it just won't download apps. It gets stuck at starting download, and doesn't go any further.

I've emailed the android help lot, and I did what they said (sign in and out of talk etc ) but it still won't download apps. :thinking:

I've noticed it appears to be a common problem but I can't find any proper information or advice, or a solution to the problem.

I'm loathed to return the phone to factory settings cause I had a problem when I got it where it woudn't connect to the internet from the phone (not through Wifi, just from the phone) because it's settings got messed up somehow and the guy in the shop had to set it up by hand.

I'm getting a bit sick of it now,cause it's pointless having a smartphone that won't download apps!

thanks for any help/info :D

Yeah and no change. :)

So far I've tried

Signing out and back into talk
Uninstalling updates
Cleared market cache
unchecked/rechecked data sync
Turned it off and on again
Tried to download both from the phone and Wifi
Left it downloading for a few hours

They seem to be the things people say have made it work, but they haven't for me :(

Any ideas apart from those?

Upvote 0
I hate to break it to you but this is a very well known issue that google does not seem to care to fix. The same thing happen to me two weeks I after I got (Jan 2011) my phone and tried every suggestion on the web and nothing. The only thing that seems to work (i have not tried yet) is re-flashing the phone with the same or a different ROM.

I currently download my app (.apk) from the web which suck because you take a change it could be infected with something or the app may not work correctly.

Reactions: cooks11
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones