1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downloading Apps from Web pages

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by james hempton, Jan 27, 2016.

1. james hempton

james hempton Lurker

Good day.I have tried to download apps from webpages but they go into my HDV folder where my movies have been downloaded to and then I cannot open them because they are not movies.Other apps I download from Google shop have no problem.Unfortunately android do not give you an option of a folder to download to.I suppose if I uninstall the HDV folder it would solve the problem,but then I would lose my movies.Any advise would be appreciated. JAH

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

#1-Be very careful about downloading apps outside of Google play. It may be an easy way to get malware.
    2-My downloaded files on chrome go to downloads. But I don't see what difference directory makes...you should be able to navigate to any folder to install it using file manager like solid explorer. Or if location makes a difference for some reason I'm not aware of, then you can move the file wherever want using file manager app prior to installing.

psionandy likes this.
  3. james hempton

james hempton Lurker

Thank you,but I'm using an android tablet .I want to download a link from Skype and it automatically goes to HDV folder (app).Also have tried to download Mobdro from their web site (the only way to do it) and the same thing happens.