1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Downloading Attachments in Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhinez, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sumter
    Is there any way to download attachments from the Gmail app rather than going to the browser version? This is kinda annoying as I have to either login to my gmail through the browser or forward the mail to my other email account.

Advertisement

2. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I'm having the same problem, but a did not experience this on my old hero. I wish someone had a suggestion?

3. veereihen6

veereihen6 Guest

same here....I ended up sending the attachment to my yahoo mail instead. Downloaded just fine.

4. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sumter
    I know I didn't have this problem on my Hero. I've tried long pressing the attachment icon and it didn't work. I even tried to downloading it from previewing it. That was a no go. The native gmail app doesn't give you an option to download the attachment either.

5. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    same issue here :(

6. nhuston

nhuston Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Same problem. There MUST be a way to solve this. Right?

7. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    MI
    Yea, this is a bit frustrating. Overall, I like the gmail app much more than HTC's Mail App. But this is the ONE thing that the HTC App can handle. Come on GMAIL!

8. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Male
    Telecommunications
    NJ/Philly
    Umm im confused...I just download a spreadsheet thru the Gmail app with no problem at all.

9. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    MI
    I'm just getting the option to "Preview" attachments... Not download them.

10. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Male
    Telecommunications
    NJ/Philly
    I stand corrected, you are right...wonder why is that?

11. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

Jan 16, 2010
    same here. Wife sent me a contact and all i could do was view it, not helpfull at all.

12. ToxMox

ToxMox Member

Oct 29, 2009
    It looks like there is an app called Blackmoon AttachSave that will let you save your GMail attachments via the GMail app.
    On Appbrain there is the regular $1.50 pay version, the $1.50 Gopher paid version, and the free Lite version.
    I wanted to purchase the regular $1.50 version but only the Gopher version shows up in the Market. I guess the developer needs to update or something?

13. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    This is one thing we should not have to pay for.

14. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think i ended up using the browser to save an mp3 attachment I had in my gmail.

15. RoboMonkey

May 12, 2010
    Wait I think I was wrong. I went back and checked my mail that I wanted to DL an attachment from and I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email and loh and behold there was the button to DL. :)

I'll try it with a zip file to see if it works and take a screen shot.

16. RoboMonkey

May 12, 2010
    I don't think this is native behavior (but what do I know) I have Astro installed.

So after I click on preview the next few screens pop up. For images it seems to work fine right from gmail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Generally I just go to gmail.com to download any attachments. This is something I hope they fix as well as the copy and paste limitation.

18. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Funny I can download attachments fine. But sometimes I can't reply. I hit reply, and nothing happens. I sometimes have to leave the email and then come back in for it to work. Seriously, what are the people doing that test these phones before public release?

19. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

Jan 16, 2010
    i cant download them either, i can preview them but cant save them or anything.

20. djshy

djshy Member

Jun 7, 2010
    i have a strange problem... in the gmail app if i receive an image attachment... i have the option to "DOWNLOAD" or "PREVIEW" in the email i can see the image clearly...if I press "PREVIEW" i can preview the image in high quality....

when i press "DOWNLOAD" it downloads to an album in my GALLERY but when i view the pic, I see a lo-res pixelated version of the image...yet the image details say its the full picture resolution!

what the heck is goin on here?

Tags: