1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downloading CWM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kymera99, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Kymera99

Kymera99 Lurker

I am trying to downloading the CWM 6.0.4.3 so I can root my N10. Everytime I click on the download link (I have tried several different sites), my browser opens another window and this jarbled script comes up. What am I doing wrong? Do I copy the script and paste it into a text document? I know the file needs to be an img. Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

You don't root with CWM, you root with either a one-click root for your device (which you'll probably find as a zip file) or - a much better way - searching for the adb way to root your device

adb root nexus 10

A one-click is basically a script that someone else has written - and may have made an error in, which could brick your tab.

(If you're trying to download text - which a script is - you right-click on it and Save As, or the equivalent in your browser.)

BTW, you are aware that rooting voids all warranties and most insurance on your device, right?

3. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert

Incorrect. Most warranties are not made void by rooting. I've gotten warranty repair and assistance on the N10 even with a custom ROM and recovery still on it. Same for one of my phones, and my old Acer Iconia a500.

4. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Android Enthusiast

That may just be an issue with your browser settings. Are you using IE? It may not be set to download .img files & instead it's trying to open it in the browser. Have you tried just right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save As..."? If it's giving you the file name recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-manta.htm you can just change the .htm extension to .img and save it. Or try using a different browser. I'm using Firefox and it downloads the .img file properly.

Which sites have you tried downloading from? Might as well get it directly from the CWM site, ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries. Just make sure you pick the Recovery for the Nexus 10 (manta).