1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Downloading .doc files from gmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by silverxbv2, Nov 16, 2010.

1. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Does this piece of crap not have the option to download .doc or .docx attachments? With my Incredible I can click the attachment and it downloads it automatically. This thing tries to open it instead of download it. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisement

2. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    Yes. You can use the Blackmoon Attachsave app. It allows me to save any attachment in gmail. Highly recommend! Using it on my Galaxy S.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Server Engineer
    Ohio
    I just sent myself a .doc file to my gmail. I tapped the preview button, it opens documents to go, and I saved it to the phone.
    The D2 comes with Quick office, but since it didn't allow me to edit it, I removed it and installed docs to go instead.
    I have to assume you can save it with quick office though.

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    Ya never noticed that about ThinkFree Office (default office app) . It loads it as a preview and then gives you the option to save. lol
    The nice about the Blackmoon app is it will save any attachment besides a doc, pdf, xls etc...

5. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Server Engineer
    Ohio
    So does Docs to go.
    I think the only file I can't save from gmail is an mp3. In which case I just use the other email app.

6. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    These files get sent from a website or something cuz clicking it opens a web page with a bunch of garbage nonsense symbols. But my inc downloads the file instead of trying to open it.