• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloading files from Dropbox?

How do you save files (photos) from Dropbox to your phones Gallery? I follow the prompts in Dropbox to save the file and it seems as though it's saving and transferring but I can't see it in my gallery. I'm running JB if that matters and had not used dropbox before upgrading so I don't know if this was an issue before. Any ideas?

Thanks!

You should be able to do it by clicking the down-facing arrow in a circle on the right side of the file or pic you want to download. Then click more, then export, then Save to SD Card. It will then allow you to save it in whatever folder you'd like. I think the Pictures folder will show up in your gallery.

If that's what you're doing... then does the folder you're saving it to have a .nomedia file in it? That would prevent it from showing up in your gallery. Like Crashumbc says, a file explorer app should be able to help you figure it out.

Or... what about just mounting your phone on your computer and transferring it that way... I know that negates the whole cloud advantage, but it would do the trick I guess.

Reactions: YJGUY
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones