• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

downloading games from Gameloft

I selected T-mobile as the carrier and Vibrant as the phone. I thrn get a text message with what appears to be a download link. When I select that link I get a message that says the game is not compatible with my device.

How did you get the game to download on your phone? The Gameloft site seems to know what type of phone is being used. Did you download to your computer? I couldn't find a download to a computer link.

Upvote 0
Can someone just please tell us how to get the games off Gameloft?

I can sideload, others can learn to sideload. What we're having difficulty doing... is getting the actual software/game from Gameloft. You have to input your phone number, carrier and phone type, on Gameloft... for them to send you a link. Doesn't matter what carrier I put, what type of phone I select... I get a text msg from them, with a link. If I follow the link on my phone, it immediately identifies it as a Captivate and says, "No Can Do".

If I try to load the page on my laptop browser... it says, "No Can Do".

Even if I download a WAP browser emulator onto my laptop and try to download the program... I still, get the same msg.

I've looked all over the web... and every answer I see, is "well, sideload the app... works perfectly... runs great on my Captivate". OK... fine... I believe you. But how the $#@% do I get the program onto my laptop, so that I CAN sideload it?

Sorry for coming across as a bit grumpy... but I'm just tired of seeing the same answer, without any details on how to perform the task.

Upvote 0
I'm more for voting with my wallet and sending the message to Gameloft that I don't approve of their braindead software distribution method... by simply refusing to jump through their hoops or give them a dime of my money. Support their competition in the Marketplace, and email Gameloft telling them you won't buy their games until get get with the program.

Upvote 0
Ok, I found a way to get around this.
Im sure theres a less than legal, and maybe an easier way, but this worked for me.
On your computer goto gamelofts website, choose a different phone, I used the verizon/vibrant combination. Buy the game you want. it will send you a text with link. click on link to download it. It will block installation, this is normal.
Download and install droid explorer and make sure you have proper drivers for phone.
Make sure you also have debugging enabled on phone. plug in phone to comp. choose mount. On computer navigate to the phones internal memory, click on folder named "downloads" copy the game's apk(it should be there, it was downloaded in previous step) to computer then double click it. Droid explorer should then install it.

Done!

Reactions: Thaxis
Upvote 0
Im familiar with sideloading so thats not the problem...but i still cant get an APK from the gameloft website using my pc. I tried forwarding the sms link sent to me and clicking it on my pc and it says...

"Sorry, this game is not available for your phone. To access all HD game demos available for your Unknown, enter Gameloft Store"

I was just trying the free trial...i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not...but has anyone actually found a link to an APK on gameloft's website?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones