• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloading images from texts

Zumaki

Android Enthusiast
Nov 4, 2009
When I get picture texts, it comes up with a play button in the message thread. Clicking it will 'play' the image for 10 seconds, and I found out I can tap the screen and hit pause to look at the pic longer... but I can't figure out how to save the image. I've tried:

holding finger on the play button in-thread

holding finger on the image

hitting the menu button on either page

with no success.

zumaki,
which messaging app are you using? i looked at my picture texts from both the native message program and handcent, and neither have the 'play' button and i'm able to download from both...

I use the default messaging program. When I get picture mail, it appears as a 'play' button, and pushing it 'plays' the still image for 10 seconds.

IMG_040.jpg
IMG_041.jpg

Figured it out by the way, I have to push/hold the message body, not the play button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones